Moving home is usually considered a real hassle, people get scared only by thinking of it and when the time to move comes, and they change completely. The stress kicks in and all the trouble that comes with moving house turns this activity into a real nightmare. But there are a few tips that could help you make your moving house a hassle free experience:
• Organize everything early- The earlier you star to organize your removal the better. You should start with at least one or two months before your moving to search for removal companies, buy packing materials and put everything in place.
• De-clutter your current home – this is the perfect time to decide what to keep and what to throw away. Before packing your belongings sort everything in what you want to keep and what you don’t. You might as well give the things that are not useful anymore to charity or organize a garage sale which could bring you some money.
• Keep a record of everything and label everything- making a list with everything you have to pack will be very helpful when the time to put your belongings into boxes. Also, try to pack every room at once. This way, when you unpack you will know which object was in each room. Labeling the boxes plays an important role as well, because you will know from which room every box is.
• Pack the items in advance- don’t wait to pack everything in the last minute because you will end up with lost or even damaged belongings. Therefore, take your time with packing and you will have no problems with your goods.
• Keep your valuables with you- don’t pack important documents or jewelries in the boxes. It is highly advisable to keep everything that is valuable with you during the moving process, this way you will avoid losing them. If you have bulky belongings that have high value, then you should consider putting them in self storage units until you are done with your relocation.
• Tell your movers what you want- if you decide to hire a removal company- the best solution- then you should keep in touch with the movers that are taking care of your relocation at all time. Besides telling them in the beginning what type of services you would prefer , you should also tell them how careful they should be with certain boxes as you may have fragile items in them.
Moving home can be as exhausting and problematic or as easy as you want. It depends on the choices you make and how you organize everything. But there are some easy steps you can follow to make everything run smooth. And the previously mentioned tips are exactly what you need to do and know when moving. Even if you hire or not a removal company, you still have to follow some “rules” if you want a hassle free relocation. It depends only on you if this is going to be a nightmare or not.